Make a warranty claim
How to make a claim
Making a claim under your warranty has never been easier – just follow these three simple steps below. For any queries about your vehicle warranty claims process, please reach out to our team on 0800 060 8610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. There’s also a handy form at the bottom of this page if you’d like to tell us about a potential claim online, along with answers to a few commonly asked questions.
IMPORTANT: All claims must be authorised by us before any repairs are carried out. Not following this process may result in your claim being rejected.
Vehicle Warranty Claims Process
Check to see if the fault might be covered, or contact us if you’re not sure. The vehicle will need to be booked in at a garage.
The fault may need to be diagnosed if it isn’t obvious. Any diagnosis costs are your responsibility at this stage.
The garage must contact us before any work is done. If it’s covered, we’ll issue a claims code and the work can begin straight away.
What to do once repairs are complete
- If the repair was carried out by one of our approved garages, you don’t need to do anything as we’ll settle the claim with them directly.
- If it was carried out by your own garage and we’re either reimbursing them or yourself, we’ll need a copy of the repair invoice along with any service invoices or other documents we’ve requested. Please clearly mark the repair code and state who is to be paid. Payments will usually be processed and paid the same working day upon receipt of all documents
- Should you instruct the garage to commence work without our authorisation, you do so in the knowledge that your claim may be declined due to denying us the opportunity to inspect the vehicle and determine the cause of failure.
- The garage will only be able to carry out the repairs once you have authorised them to do so.
- You are responsible for any excess parts and labour charges, plus any repairs which aren’t covered under your plan.
Submit a claim
Warranty claim questions
Do I have to use one of your garages for the repairs?
Depending on the warranty you have and in most cases, you’ll be able to choose whether you use our garage network or your own repairer. We work directly with hundreds of garages across the UK, which also means that we settle claims with them directly.
If you use your own, please bear in mind that we have a set labour rate so any excess labour charges over and above this will be your responsibility - unless main dealer labour rates were added to your cover at the start. Your chosen garage also may want you to settle the bill first, in which case we’ll reimburse you once we’ve received the repair invoice and any documents requested.
Depending on the nature of the claim, your vehicle may need to be seen by a specialist. We also work directly with a number of repairers that specialise in systems such as turbos, gearboxes, engines, drive lines, ECUs and power steering.
What is the maximum labour rate you pay?
We pay up to £55 + VAT per hour within the M25 and up to £50 + VAT per hour across the rest of the UK. Any additional labour charges over these will be your responsibility, unless your cover includes main dealer labour rates.
How many claims can I make?
You can make unlimited claims with each one up to your chosen claim limit. All claims include the cost of parts, labour and VAT.
How do I receive assistance outside your office hours?
If you need to log a repair outside our normal hours, providing you’ve emailed us or left us a voicemail before having the work carried out, we’ll still be able to assist if it’s a valid claim. Please make sure you provide your name, telephone number, agreement number or vehicle registration number and nature of the fault.
I've broken down - how do I contact the recovery company?
If you've got a car warranty, LCV warranty or motorcycle warranty with us, you may have breakdown cover for the same term included.
In the event of a break down, you'll need to contact First Call Motor Breakdown on FREEPHONE 0800 389 5150. Please have your warranty number, the location of your vehicle and vehicle registration number ready. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
How do I arrange vehicle hire whilst mine is being repaired?
A contribution towards vehicle hire is included with many of our warranties. Providing the fault is covered and the repair time will be over 8 hours, we'll pay for up to 7 days of car or vehicle hire (starting from when the repairs commence) up to £50 per day including VAT, as part of your warranty claim limit. Excludes fuel and insurance.